frodo9809

problem with IE and highslide-scroll buttons?

Hello,

I am new to using your system and I have to say that I think it's really fantastic. However, as I was working with it I noticed an unusual behavior with the thumbnail scroll buttons in certain scenarios with IE. For example, in this link from your "barebones samples" page (http://highslide.com/examples/gallery-t ... above.html), the scrolling buttons on the thumbnails only seem to activate when the mouse leaves the thumbstrip DIV. In FF the buttons work as expected. However in the similar example (http://highslide.com/examples/gallery-in-page.html) the buttons work as expected in both IE8 and FF. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

I also have one question relating to the rendering of a html/flash object inside the gallery. My flash video is quite a bit smaller than the rendering area for the pictures and I have figured out how to adjust the padding to center the video in the rendering area. However when the video loads it seems to change the size of the rendering area slightly, so you see a noticeable jump in the whole gallery when it goes from pictures to video. I have experimented with various changes to the CSS but haven't found anything that works. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for a wonderful script!
Stephen
RoadRash

Re: problem with IE and highslide-scroll buttons?

Hi Stephen,

The scroll button issue seems like a bug. IÔÇÖm sure Torstein (Admin) will take a look at this next week.

Your question:
We might be able to help you if you can provide a link to your page.
Hilde
Highslide Support Team

Overview of my Highslide sample pages: RoadRash.no
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Stephen,

Thanks for pointing out this bug. It seems like this has been an issue since the thumbstrip was first released in verision 4.1.0. I will see what I can do about it.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

Solution: IE8 fails when there is no body content below the thumbstrip in the page. In real-life pages this is generally not the case, so no fix is performed on the sample files for now.
Torstein Hønsi
CTO, Founder
Highsoft

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”