armando

[solved] Overlay image when using pagination

Hi,

Congratulations to the author, Highslide is excellent.

Background:

I am developing a site that uses highslide (latest downloadable version) as the thumbnail / image viewer of items from a database (all local on my PC, so nothing LIVE to show).

Issue:
** The website pagination in my test case is 1 2 3 >Last> (similar to the pagination of this forum)

For testing purposes I used the example code from the example-white-10px.html file and actually hardcoded in the image path. On the initial page (page 1) everything is fine (thumbnail & image), when I click the image it overlays (pops up) properly then closes properly.
When I click page 2 or page 3 the thumbnail is still ok but when I click the thumbnail the overlay does not work - instead it opens the correct image into a full browser page.

Since the image path has been hardcoded highslide is looking for the exact same image no matter which page I am on. Highslide is also successfully finding that hardcoded image no matter which page I am on. The only issue is that the overlay (or popup) only works on the initial page.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by armando on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
torstein.honsi
Site Admin

When the browser goes directly to the full size image it normally means that highslide.js is missing or corrupted. Check that it is actually included in your subsequent pages. For extended help, save your page through Firefox, check that hs.graphicsDir is correct and upload the files to a public server where we can see it.
armando

Solved

Hi,

Thank-you for your prompt reply. The issue was directly related to the hs.graphicsDir in relation to the root directory.

As per your API reference:
The setting should end with a slash. If the graphicsDir starts with a slash, the path is relative to the root of your webserver. It is doesn't, it is relative to the web page.

I'll be spending time reading your reference guide, it is very clear.

Thanks again for your time.

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”